11yr old son has Weird Chin rash, looks like bruise

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

6858381?1303854691
My son has had this weird rash/bruise looking area on his chin for 3 days now, it has not gotten worse looking, nor better looking, it does not itch him, and it appears to be under the surface of his skin, (no raised bumps or areas.) And no fever, or changes in eating/sleeping, everything else about him is normal.
If anyone knows anything this would be a great help. Thanks.
He was complaining of stomach pains, 3 bowels today & they burned.
For such a rash, allergic purpura is one possibility that needs to be ruled out. Purpura is a red or purple discoloration on the skin that does not blanch on pressure. It should go away on its own, but if it persists or grows in size then a dermatologist’s evaluation is required and get other causes ruled out which include allergic reaction, autoimmune diseases, thrombocytopenia, ITP or leukemias.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for your input, after some investigation online, we too thought that it might be purpura. After 5 days with this rash it started to dissipate, we did not get a chance to take him to the DR., although we will keep this incident in the back of our minds if he exhibits these symptoms in the future. On a side note I forgot to mention that he started exhibiting Acne pretty young at around 9yrs old, which could be a symptom of his Aspergers, (ie to maturing faster than norm.) Thank you for all your help!
My 12 year old son just recently had the same thing show up under his chin. I'm trying to find out what it is and if it's something I should be concerned about. Do you end up finding out for sure what it was with your son? and if so what was done about it?  Thank you!
No, it started to go away on it's own, and he had no other symptoms. If I remember correctly we tried putting Ice on it sporadically. And he never had this show up again.
My 10 year old daughter had the same thing on her chin and it turned out that it was the toothpaste. We just switched to a natural toothpaste called Toms and it went away.
It's school bullying, kids will sneak up from behind grabbing your child's chin with their index and thumb, some what of a vertical fist position, then squeeze until blood vessels pop leaving a silly looking bruise for a few days! Go ahead try it!!!