13 YR. OLD GIRL WITH EYEBROW WAXING PROBLEMS!! REAL ANSWERS ONLY PLEASE!!
Hello, I am A 13yr. old girl. I am African-American, and just experienced in-home eyebrow waxing for the first time. The problem is, after I was done, the area is red! it doesn't hurt, and I don't theink I have sensitive skin, but it's just really red. I followed all the directions on the 'Sally Hansen Eyebrow, Face & Lip Wax' and even used the lotion. So what can I do?
Years ago I worked in a salon & am very familiar with eyebrow waxing. Now keep in mind I am not a doctor, however what you describe sounds very normal.
When you wax you apply the wax in the direction of the hair growth then you remove the wax in the opposite direction, thus pulling the hair out that is attached to the wax. Usually what we did was put a cool compress over the area to help with the trauma that was just caused to the area. A pinkish skin tone is normal after a waxing & will go away shortly.

If that is not the case by any chance was the wax to hot where it could of burned your skin ?

Hope that helps some until you can get a doctor to answer your question
When you are waxing, apply wax in the direction of hair growth and wax should be tolerably hot. Then try to wax the hair out in a single strip as multiple strips may injure the skin more .After waxing apply ice(wrapped in a towel) and some calamine lotion on the skin which helps in soothing. You can also take some over the counter anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen after waxing.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.