14 yr old broken out in rash and cold sores all over lips
HELP! My 14 yr old has broken out in what look to be chicken pox but they are only on her stomach. She has a total of 181 sores on midescetion only. Her doctor seems to think it is chicken pox but my gut instinct tells me it is something else. Here's why: instead of scabbing, they are just fading. only has them on midsection, under breasts to pubic area. They aren't terribly itchy like you would think chicken pox would be. I have a feeling this is a reaction to the sun, or systemic herpes that break out all over the body. Everyone thinks I am crazy, and they all tell me to accept the fact that they are chicken pox, but when I look at pics of Chicken pox, they dont look like that. Someone help!  Her whole life she has been succeptible to cold sores and was always sensitive to the sun. Whenever she is in the sun, if I dont apply sunscreen, she will get cold sores that cover her lips. We spent a lot of time in the sun over the 4th of July weekend and I cant help but think this is something else, and it's really freaking me out!

Help,
Julie Kelley
It could be due to sunburn, a bad case, especially if that area of her body was exposed directly to the sun without application of any sunscreen.

The best treatment for most sunburns is time. Given a few weeks, they will heal; . Blistered skin, with or without open sores, should heal on its own.

So, you just have to wait it out. Even if the lesions are due to chicken pox, they will heal too.
Apply products containing Aloe vera and/or vitamin E, which reduce inflammation. This will facilitate faster healing if ti a sunburn.