16 yr old w/rash from waist down
My 16 yr old daughter has a blue and purple rash from the waist down, not raised, does not itch or hurt. The doc did a biopsy, it came back and said it was a rash caused by med's she takes everyday, but it did not identify exactly what it was. The doc prescribed her a steroid and a cream. We were told that once it cleared up that it would most likely not retun. Well it did, this is the 3rd time it has come back. The doc told us the rash was common in teenage girls who are on their feet a lot. She has a small part job. Can you help me, Worried Mom
I am not a Dr. but I have had lots of skin rashes so maybe I can help in some way. What is the shape of the rash, and what meds does she take?
She does not take any prescription med's, she takes ibuprofen for headaches. The doc told her to stop taking the ibuprofen to see what happens. The rash is scattered on the back of her legs up to waist. It is blue purple rash it does not itch or hurt. Seems like it gets worst every time it comes back. My concern is there was talk about it affecting her organs such as her, kidney or liver. Hope this gives you more info. Thanks a lot for your help.
Well, Purple could be a sign that not enough oxygen in going through the body. I don't think that could be the cause unless she has had trouble breathing or has had respiratory problems in the past. Have they run blood test? Also is there any other symptoms?
They did a blood test, it did not show anything abnormal.  She is and all around health teenager.