1inch blister like lump on nose that repeatedly itches and swells

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I am a very  healthy 30  year old female. 7 weeks ago I went skiing, whilst there my nose got very sun burnt I noticed a small pimple sized bump on my nose that was weeping and would not heal. On returning from holiday the lump continued to grow. I went to the doctors who prescribed two different antibiotics (amoxicillian and erythromycin) neither which made any difference.
One doctor thought it may be a keratoacanthoma as there was quite a big scab on the lesion, however I am not convinced as the scab has now disappeared but the lump continues to grow.
In 7 weeks it has gone from a pimple size to approx one inch, it almost covers the entire tip of my nose. I have repeatedly requested a referral to a specialist for a biopsy and am still waiting.

The lump round and is quite soft to the touch and tends to itch and swell up for about 3 days and then slightly flatten for a couple of days before itching and swelling again. it appears to have a red border.

Thank you
This red pimple can be due to a cyst, actinic keratosis(small rough or scaly areas of skin due to damage from sun exposure), keratoacanthoma(rapidly growing skin cancer usually appearing as a volcano-like bump on the sun-exposed skin of middle-aged and elderly individuals), sebaceous hyperplasia or some malignancy. Since the bump is painless and has been present for quite some time, hence I suggest you to get an examination done from a dermatologist as soon as possible.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing

I have had this too happen to me ...I am 20 now but , my last year of highschool . I got the same thing ... at first it appeared as a pimple. but as it started to itch and swell ... I was under the impression it was a bite of some sort ... It got so bad I had to wear a band aid over it for almost a month. it finally healed over I thought that was the end of it until now, apparently it has returned after almost 3 year and in the same spot and the time couldn't be more perfect I just started my 2013 classes... I think I'm going to have alil chat with my doctor about his previous diagnosis.  Anyways, I was just wondering if you ever found out the proper name for what ever this is? ..