2 Facial Moles

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

2 Facial Moles

Hi i have 2 moles on my face that are a little bit smaller than the end of an pencil eraser. I had one from birth that started out as a tiny freckle and continually grew up until where it is now, this one is located about a cm left of my nostril. The second is on the side of my nose half way down which began growing in elementary school and is now the same size as my first. These are a pest for me as i am 16 and getting girls is hard for me and other than these my skin is perfect. My self esteem has hit rock bottom.

Here are my questions to you.

1: Cheapest Surgery to Remove Facial Moles with least noticable scar?
2: What is the fastest and most effective method?
3: Since there is depth to them i have gotten them checked out and they are not dangerous but unappealing at this age so is there anything i can do from home or that i can buy at a drug store that actually works?

Thank You,

Nick
I can't think of a drugstore remedy. Getting rid of them is a job for
f a dermatologist. You had best get rid of them because, if I remember correctly, moles give rise to yet more moles.
i now how you feel,, about the moles.. i have one that i just hate its right between my eyes i wuld love to have it gone wish there were something to get rid of these...
There are many procedures of mole removal like by shave or deep elliptical excision, excision with cauterization (a tool is used to burn away the mole) and laser removal. Your dermatologist may choose excision with or without stitches, depending on the depth of the mole and the type of cosmetic outcome desired. You are usually given local anesthesia before excision and pain killers after these techniques. It is not advisable to use any chemicals for mole removal at home.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.