I'm a white 34 yr. old male who has lived in Japan for the past 2-3 yrs. My wife was a virgin; I had had unprotected sex with others in the past, but had STD tests for all but herpes & warts before getting married - all negative. We had our first child by C-section 16 mo.s ago. We didn't have sex after conception and last mo. had sex for the 1st time in 2 yrs. Drunk, I rushed without much foreplay (no condom) & never ejaculated, though I kept going for a while. Although she was menstruating I didn't take a shower afterwards but slept thru the night. The next day when erect I saw ca. 20 pinhead-sized reddish tiny bumps on the left side & underside of the glans of my penis. I haven't had sex since; they've lasted almost 30 days now. Today it seems like one is on the right side, too. Don't itch or look fluid-filled. Seem smooth surfaced & are visible in normal light, but easier to see under a strong light & when I'm erect. Seem different than my pearly papules (but maybe just diff. color?). Begin waning after 3 days, but become prominent again if I masturbate. Before they appeared I masturbated about 1x/day on average but hardly at all since. I don't think my masturbation has been especially vigorous lately as opposed to in the past, and I never saw bumps then -- with all that masturbating I would have noticed them before & ran to a doctor.
My fear is, 1x before my wife's pregnancy and 4x after I got a hand job from a woman at a massage parlor. I didn't always wear a condom; sometimes after ejaculation I used a towel there -- they weren't sticky but I don't know how clean etc. Once I touched the woman's pubic area but not inside the lips. Once while taking a shower together a woman rubbed her vaginal area with her hand then rubbed my penis. I motioned for her to stop but she repeated the action so afterwards I got afraid she wanted to give me herpes. Haven't been to such places in over a year, but even though my STD tests 3 mo.s ago were negative I still have guilt & fear.
For the 2 yrs. since my wife got pregnant I have been going to Jap. dermatologists. They tell me I should relax & resume normal sexual relations with my wife. But I don't speak the language perfectly so can't stop fearing I have herpes, warts, or something else contagious, horrible, permanent. Had a benign cyst removed from shaft last year. I moved & now see a new dermatologist; his office is 2 hrs. away. 3 days after the bumps appeared he looked at my glans when non-erect & said they probably won't go away but are nothing to worry about & I probably had them before, but I'm sure I didn't. He said they weren't due to friction, herpes, or warts; didn't mention yeast. He thinks blood tests for herpes are unreliable & for me unnecessary, but I begged him: the results were negative for HSV 1&2. What do you think they are? Contagious? Go away (when) or persist? Require treatment? More tests? Should I refrain from sex/masturbation (how long)?
I think you are describing blocked pores from sweating. I think all the reassurance from your dermatologists is justified, and that you are indeed understanding them properly. The negative herpes blood tests are just confirmatory.
Your guilt is eating you up. If you can't let medical reassurance settle your mind, you really need to discuss this with a therapist, your wife, or both.
(1) The little white cyst appeared on the underside of my shaft after the first massage parlor episode, which contributed to my fear & panic that it was related to herpes. It looked different than the bumps on the glans now. The derm. said it be fine to leave it but I asked him to remove it by laser.
(2) I don't know what type of herpes blood tests they use here in Japan and don't have copies of results from the lab. I'd been tested once before for herpes by the other derm. and it too was negative; but after that I am embarrassed to admit I went again to a stupid massage parlor.
(3) The last massage parlor episode with the shower woman, I didn't see one way or the other that she had herpes, just I began to worry afterwards, Why did she insist on doing that? As you can see I am a bit of a hypochondriac . . .
(4) Last year I was under a lot of stress (money, work, pregnancy) but things are clearing up and I want to rebuild a normal sex life with my wife. Thought with those final tests I was fine so when drunk I screwed up my courage to have sex again, but seeing those bumps afterwards has freaked me out.
(5) Thanks for hearing all this out.
Thanks, Doctor. You're right, because I can't undo the act that makes me feel guilty, I have been feeling like I deserve some sort of health-related condition as a punishment. I'll try to take everyone's kind advice to heart, forgive myself, and move on.
(1) If these bumps are blocked pores, do they eventually go away? Or is there a way to help "unblock" them so I don't see them anymore?
(2) While waiting for them to unblock themselves, you think it is safe to resume having sexual relations with my wife, right?
(3) Even if after sex or masturbation I see them get prominent again, I should just say to myself, "They're blocked pores, nothing to worry about!" and get on with life, right?
I have similar symptoms - when I roll back foreskin tight I also notice the skin i sweating - the rim of my knob gets red ( as does inner foreskin) after sex or masturbation...not sore,,,spots appear moreso after stimulation...knob gets dry looking, and a bit rough texture when air dried....I will go see dermo and see what verdict is - will post response
I think i caught a case of thrush initially, then that cleraed naturally only for me to be left with above symptoms... again, Asian exploits left me with this - I have had confirmation its not STD...have tried Canestan but no joy yet...
i have been getting reddish small to medium sized warts on my shaft and around my penis i used dr scholls wart remover the freezing kind on the ones around my penis and eventually took the two off my shaft do i have hpv and could i have done some nerve damage maybe??
Copyright 1994-2017MedHelp International.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Aptus Health.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.