22 years old with Shingles
I was diagnosed with shingles two days ago, and have already begun treatment with Valtrex. The more research I do on shingles however, the more I believe that this was the wrong diagnoses. From what I've read, shingles involves small blisters, normally located on the back or hip area. My rash is located on the scalp near my forehead, and I don't have any blisters. It's basically a very sensitive area with rough, raised portions that are beet-red. Shingles are supposed to itch, but I was never itchy in the first two days of treatment, and I'm not itchy on the 4th day. The pain seems to be located along the nerve line on one side of the body like is typical with shingles, but I believe at my age that developing this virus is almost unheard of. WebMD suggested that I might have a brain tumor, especially since I reported localized migraines in the affected area, so I'm a little worried about this. My question is, does this sound like shingles? Is there anything else it could be?
I had shingles at 25.  Its common doctors diagnose it just by looking at it.  Maybe you got it mild.  Different people have different reactions.  My aunt had it on her scalp beside her eye.  You should get your eyes checked if its around your eye.  I had one tiny red dot we thought was a spider bite, but it spread to a patch about as big as my palm. It itched like crazy, but also had a burning pain so itchy hurt.. lasted about 3 weeks. Shingles blisters should crust over and scab as it gets better
I'm 20 and I was diagnosed with it in October. Its not unheard of for younger people to get shingles. As I'm sure you've read it can happen any time the immune system is not functioning fully. This is often stress related.

My bout with shingles itched, but it is actually more common for it to hurt than itch. I got it on my neck so hip and abdomen are not the only areas that it can occur.

Originally, I thought I was getting a pimple on my hair line and then it expanded. If the area crosses the midline of your body you would have cause for concern. However, I think you probably don't have a brain tumor.

Give it a few days and trust your doctor.
I currently am suffering from shingles and I'm 24. My doctor is quite surprised at how long it has lasted. It's quite an unusual case. Mine didn't itch for the longest time. I didn't even know what it was for about a month and a half because I didn't feel anything. It's slowly taking it's course and after almost 4 months it's just starting to get really really painful!
Have you ever had psorriousus?  I can't spell it!  But, its pronounced: ser-rye-a-sis it's a skin rash, located a lot of times in the scalp area...it's red, itchy, dry scaly rash, sometimes red patchy areas are visible and bumps!  Look it up!