Dermatology Community
23 year old male with seborrheic dermatitis
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

23 year old male with seborrheic dermatitis

.hello, i'm 23 year old male i have a minor version of seborrheic dermatitis. a dermatologist told me that a few years ago. my face and in between my eyes get red and flaky..ive noticed now its kinda bad behind my ears in my hair its raw and dry. just curious what you would recommend to treat this,  i use t/gel shampoo but it doesnt seem like it helps too much and ive tried head and shoulders etc but that seems to dry me out and make me itch even more. thank you for your help.

ive also read somewhere dr joseoef soap and shampoo work good with these problems do they work with people that seborrheic dermatitis? thank you
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that causes flaky, dry, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas esp under the nose or anywhere on face. Topical antifungals and mild steroids are the usual treatment and combination of the two can be used to treat stubborn patches. Oral antifungal drugs and immunomodulators such as tacrolimus and pimecrolimus are used in very severe cases.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and regards.

Blank
Hi Madam,
I am suffering from Seborrheic dermatitis since 8years, used many shampoos and hair treatments but resulted nothing. Currently iam using homeopathy at Dr. batras since 2years still could not find any solution to it. Iam suffering a lot to go out or work place.Homeopathy says need few more time however its already 2 years spent in homeopathy. Now is just want to cure it off as iam unable to take it any more, give sum valuable solution whether to stay with homeopathy or else check with allopathy? Please help me out
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...