2nd Degree burn scar

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

2nd Degree burn scar

I burnt my hand 6 weeks ago. It was a quite serious wound. Most of it healed in 3 weeks but a small part (less than 1 inch diameter ) of it healed during the 4th week. You see the wound was caused by hot oil and it sort of splashed on my thumb,forefinger and a little on my hand and it left series of little stranged shaped independent burns. after it healed totally i never seen a doctor. I was on holiday in my home country i went to doctor there but never been to a doctor ever since i came back i told my doctor back there that i would see a dermatologist once more but i never did since i came back.I mean  he advised me to put lotion on it he gave me Pfizer's Terramycin  eye ointment ( i think to avoid infection or something) .that seemed good enough for me and he sounded really positive so i didn't see a  new Doctor. I am out of Terramycin but then again my wound has lost it's redness it looks better now so i put lotion on it twice a day wash it 2-3 times daily.  My question is should i see a Doctor ? And in your experience do you think  this wound will leave a scar for long period of time? Also do you any suggestions for me to avoid scarring.
Sincerely
Bert
You can apply the antibiotic cream that you have been prescribed. By the description of the burn, it may leave a scar. One medicine which has been advised by many dermatologists for scar diminishing is contractubex gel/cream. You can seek your dermatologist/surgeon’s opinion before using this cream. Otherwise you can go in for glycolic peals, laser treatments and pressure dressings.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you very much,
I hope it doesn't leave a scar. I will keep you posted.
I visited a Doctor and he gave me a scar therapy gel (Strataderm). He told me that it healed up nicely but he told it may leave a small scar, as you said. But I foolishly forgot to ask about an another problem I  had. It's just that i have these scars on my inner elbow, they are pinkish-red ,they aren't bumpy,  they are rather concave. They are oval shaped and all together form a line . Could they be just stretch marks?  They have been there for
2-3  months now. Infact because of them a doctor couldn't take blood from my arm. When I  was in the ER because of the burn a dermatologist couldn't give me painkillers from my arm (i guess she saw it but she didn't notice something weird about it). Because of these reasons I wasn't really worried about them but this morning i noticed that the "line" slightly grew bigger. What might be these scars?
hi , my siter burn in a car explosions i consider it as a second degree burn . her both arms are burns also her palm she woul like to know what she could use to heal most faster and she want something  to prevent scar  forming in the future .and also on her right hand she have 4 fingers the skin remove completely it turn white i would like to know if  we can find something to use to make back to become the naturel color of her skin.
My son on 8/20 pulled a crock pot of hot beans down on him. He sustained burns on 33% of his body. We were told they were 2nd degree with some deeper spots. From what they said his cheek, forehead and chin were all 2nd degree. I was wondering what the likely hood would be that his face will scar. It seems to be lighter at some times but then at others seems to be cherry red and blotchy. He's 3.