3 year old have strange skin bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

3 year old have strange skin bumps

My 3 year old has strange bumps/nodules on his chest, stomach area. When they first appeared, my husband and I thought it was just raised moles, as my husband has a few of them. My son has had them for approximately 6 months. But just recently, the largest became red around the base and then turned completely white and looked as if it would burst. My husband pinched the skin around the largest lump slightly to examine it better and firmer, white stuff popped out of it, similar to a zit. He repeated the same step on another and the same thing happened. It looks as if the condition is spreading, as we found another one on the inside of his arm and more have appeared on his stomach. My son says they don't hurt at all. We considered a boil or something, but they have lasted a long time and seem to be spreading like it's contageous. We also thought it may be warts, but they are more soft and rubbery like moles. Plus with the recent white debris coming out, we figured it wasn't warts.
We plan on taking him to see his pediatrician next week. But any ideas about what this could be and is this something that needs more immediate attention?  
Was doing some more research and came across Molluscum contagiosum, which looks just like his bumps. Is there a good way to treat it, or should we just leave it alone and hope it goes away on it's own?
From the symptoms it sounds like molluscum contagiosum. Molluscum contagiosum is a common, benign, self limiting viral infection of the skin. It generally affects children and typically occurs in the 2-5 age groups. Treatment includes physical destruction or manual extrusion of the lesions, cryotherapy, and curettage.

I feel that you should consult a dermatologist and discuss these possibilities with him.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.