Dermatology Community
3 yo with little red dots on upper lip
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

3 yo with little red dots on upper lip

My son, who is now 3 years old, has these little red dots on his upper lip.  They look like little blood drops.  The first time we saw these, they were on his neck.  They disappeared.  They appeared a few weeks later on his upper lip.  At that point, I noticed that they became aggravated by him drinking juice from a bottle - like a Gatorade bottle, for example - (being 3yo, when he drinks from a bottle, he does not leave a space between his upper lip and the bottle, so  it tends to leave a suction mark on his lip).  A few later, they had gone.  They have now come back.  I'm starting to wonder if this is an indication of something wrong...  It looks like little blood vessels that have burst, although they area round, like a drop.  The bigger ones are maybe 1 mm, and area a little raised.

Should I be worried?  Should I get him examined by his doctor?  

Thank you!

C
Related Discussions
Hi,

Are there other triggers for the bumps?

Have you tried giving your son Gatorade in a glass instead of in a bottle?

I suggest that you have this assessed by a pediatrician so that these bumps may be assessed. At this point, this may be an allergic reaction, a hematoma, or a dermatitis. Other differentials although at this point, may not seem to fit   your son's case is a bacterial infection like impetigo.

Is there a strong family history of allergies or asthma in the family?

This may not be something urgent but it is best that you have this assessed by a physician.
Blank
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979