3 yr old with large reacurring rash
My 3 yr old son has had some eczema patches on his wrists and under his elbows ever since I visited FL when he was around 7 months old. Now in CA and his rash is worse then ever. The rash goes from his forearm to him armpit and down his side. It's dry scaly and itches. I've also noticed small raised bumps. His rash gets extremely red after a bath. Does this sound like a food allergy or could he be allergic to mold or even soap residue in our tub? I stopped using the organic soap on him and I stopped bleaching the tub.
The symptoms are suggestive of eczema skin. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. He can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin after his pediatrician’s guidance.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used , whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid. But they are available under prescription and should be taken only after consulting a dermatologist. Symptoms can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.