48yrs old with bumps that look like chicken pox on chest, stomach and upper arms and itch?
Chiken pox at 48 yrs old?
Chicken pox is usually a disease of children but sometimes it can happen in young adults also. Considering your age, chances of chicken pox are less and other viral infections are more. Have you had chicken pox when you were younger? If yes then this rash can be due to shingles due to reactivation of chicken pox virus.

The other possibilities are of contact dermatitis or allergies. I suggest you to consult a dermatologist to get it evaluated.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.