8 Year Old son has itchy rash on his bottom

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

6958528?1307113895
My old year old son has a rash on his bottom, three patches on his cheeks. We went to the doctor a few months ago and he gave us a prescription and said it was ring worm. It never completely went away and now is back and seems to be getting worse. I took him to a different doctor for an ear infection and she didn't think it was ring worm so she had me add neosporin to the ointment from the doctor but it still never went away.

He doesn't always wipe his bottom good and we have been really trying to watch that. He plays baseball and wears sliding pants with his uniform, I am wondering if it is a yeast type infection from sweat. I have included a picture.
From the symptoms it can be dermatitis skin, eczema or fungal infection (less likely). Eczema is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash).Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema. Allergic reaction can occur to strong soaps, Solvents, chemicals, certain foods, food additives, plants, metals, cosmetics, even urine and faeces of some animals (dust mites).

To confirm the diagnosis it is better to get a biopsy skin done from a dermatologist.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.