Dermatology Expert Forum
9- YEAR OLD WITH BUMPS

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

9- YEAR OLD WITH BUMPS
MY 9- YEAR OLD DAUGHTER  HAS THESE RED BUMPS COME ON HER FACE RIGHT UP NEAR HER HAIR LINE.  I KNOW IT IS SOME KIND OF RASH OR SOMETHING.  SHE HAS BEEN GETTING IT SINCE SHE WAS 7.  SHE ALSO GETS ACHNEY AND BLACK HEADS ALSO SINCE SHE WAS 7. I HAVE SWITCHED SOUPS SEVERAL TIMES NOW I HAVE HER USEING BABY MAGIC BATH SOUP BUCOUSE IT IS SUPPOST TO BE GENTLE ON A BABYS SKIN I THOUGHT THAT IT WOULD BE A NICE TRY I STILL CAN'T BEAT IT  AND WHEN SHE PICKS AT IT IT LOOKS AS IT THERE IS A RED LINE AT THE TOP OF HER HAIR LINE AND A CLUSTER OF PIMPLES RIGHT UNDER I TRY TO KEEP IT CLEAN PREETY MUCH AS WELL AS I CAN WHAT CAN I USE I DON'T WANT HER TO SCARE HER LITTLE FACE
                                                      SUEZIEQ
It's probably just mild acne.  I suggest you have ger wash with a soap containing 2% salicylic acid (ask your pharmacist--it doesn't need a prescription.)  Then show your doctor next time you take her.   He or she can make other suggestions.  Also, ask your daughter not to pick at the spots, since that makes them look redder, even though it won't scar her.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff