9month old son has small red bumps all over body

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

This morning after I gave my son breakfast, I noticed some red bumps on his forehead.  I changed his diaper and saw that there were these red bumps all over his body.  I called a nurse and she said it was probally an allergic reaction.  Well I haven't changed anything or giving him any new food.  Yesterday, I noticed a red mark under his eye, but thought he had scratched himself.  Well, now looking at the bumps, the bumps look just like the red mark.  I noticed some on his head while giving him a bath.  I then later called the nurse hotline, after I checked his temp and it was 99.4 under the armpit.  She said to bring him in just in case.   I did, and the doctor said its not chicken pox.  The bumps don't seem to bother him at all, he isn't acting any different.  She said just to watch it and if it gets worse then bring him in again.  Well there seems to be more bumps, mostly on his back.  They kinda look like bug bites, but they aren't.  Considering we're in MN and its freezing here.  Can anyone help me on this?
One possibility that can present with generalized itchy bumps is contact dermatitis or an allergic reaction. The second possibility is of hives or some viral infection. Since the child is very young, I would not prescribe any medicine, but advice you to get it evaluated from a pediatrician. Till that time, apply some calamine lotion on the pimple and check out for such bumps on other parts on the body especially the foot and hands. Then viral infections have to be ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

.