A 7 year old with Molluscom Contagiosum
Our 7 year old has just come down with a severe case of Molluscum Contagiosum.  We've discussed cryotherapy, Aldara, and a few other potential treatment options.  What are the best options for the quickest and least painful results.  I recognize after doing some online homework that this could be a long term malady.  I just wanted to get some answers from other doctors.

OFB
Molluscum contagiosum is a common, benign, self limiting viral infection of the skin. It generally affects children and typically occurs in the 2-5 age group. Treatment includes physical destruction or manual extrusion of the lesions, cryotherapy, and curettage. Unfortunately most of these lesions are painful and for these you need to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.