A Rash that Reoccurs every year for past 2 years in same Spot

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I am 54 and for the past 2 years usually in summer i get this rash a folliculits on panty line it goes away with prescribed ointment and a few weeks later i get this red ras on upper thigh area on one side only right where the panty line hits....Now this rash is very different then the folliculitis in loks.It is a red area flat with little red dots that bind together. I tried the yeast and fungi creme on it didnt do a thing but calamine lotion seems to work...I am headed to doctor in few days if this doesn't disappear.The rash itself doesn't itch or burn much just a bit but look worse then is...What kind of rash reoccurs in same place that sounds like this? Does anyone have any clues.I know what it isn't.It isnt shingles or ringworm or psiorsis....The rash isn't leathering looking or scaly....
  • please help!!! (1 replies):
    I sometimes get massive bumps under my skin, inner thigh...[more]
  • itch (1 replies):
    i have bumps in the top and the back of my head the itch...[more]
  • rash.. (1 replies):
    i have little red spots right under my belly button.. ri...[more]
  • pimples all over my body (1 replies):
    I have red spots that itch and they become like pimples ...[more]
  • Red bumps (1 replies):
    I have little red bumps all over my arms. I went to Afgh...[more]
Form the symptoms it can be folliculitis, sweat dermatitis or heat rash. Keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.