Dermatology Expert Forum
A few interrelated questions

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

A few interrelated questions

I am a bit troubled by these small white oval shaped dots on my penis and scrotum.  I think they might be herpes (went to get a blood test) but am really not sure.  I can tell you they are not blislters or cuts and don't really itch.  I have had them for quite some time (couple of months). I almost feel as if they can be "popped" but have never tried.  The ones near the head of my penis are more "clustered" but smaller.  Any idea as to what these may be?

Also, I had anal sex with a woman about 2 weeks ago (who said she did not have genital herpes) who appeared to have a blister/rash around her anus/anal area.  I used a condom but am still a bit worried about contracting herpes, should I be and could her symtoms (symptoms) be something other than herpes?

Lastly, I never (to my knowledge) have had any cold sores/blisters on my lips (though I think I might have had a pimple in that area if that is possible)but I do get what I think are "canker sores" inside my mouth in the same place usually between my inner lower lib and gums.  Could these be herpes? (I thougt canker sores appea on the inside of the mouth and herpes on the lips)?  Thanks.
The penis spots sound like cysts, not herpes.  I suggest you leave them alone and let a doctor have a look.  As to the anal sex, it's hard for me to interpret what she had, but again, your symptoms don't sound like those of herpes.  Again, a visit to a doctor is recommended.  In general, canker sores are inside the mouth, herpes sores are on the outside of the lips.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
I was just curious, I had a canker sore for about a week (because i bit the side of my mouth, it didn't just appear) and then once it was just about healed it turned into what seemed like a pimple. I was slightly biting it and it popped exactly like a pimple does when you squeeze it. It is possible to get pimples inside your mouth?