A little worried! Please Help!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

A little worried! Please Help!

I recently had unprotected sex with a female, and the next day or the day after I  developed a spot on the rim of the penis head. It is just one spot, flat, hardly noticeable, a little red, and really only reason I know it's there is because any time my boxers rub it, it feels kind of irritating. But have noticed nothing else out of the ordinary. I have looked a photos of herpes and this looks nothing like it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Skin Rash (2 replies):
    I have a skin rash between my legs. almost like i have b...[more]
  • Red patch on penis head (1 replies):
    I got red patch on my penis head. It is not itching. Wha...[more]
  • ? (1 replies):
    hey, im a heavy masturbater, and lately , there is redne...[more]
  • Red Spots (1 replies):
    I have a red area on the head of my penis but I have nev...[more]
  • rash on penis (1 replies):
    I am 22 years old and have have recently found a small p...[more]
This can be due to chafing. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.