Abnormal tonsil
I have gone to the doctor many time's for my tonsils, my doctor insits that i should just take medicine. So i continued with the medicine and it eventually went away but now my tonsils are still big but not sore. I went back to the doctor a while later to get them removed because my tonsils continued to swel. But he said he would only take them out if they were causing a problem, and i told him that food gets stuck inbetween the bottom of my tonsil and i choke a lot more when I eat but he didnt do anything. Now I find no reason to go tot the doctor for sore throats because I get a sore throat and then a few days later it goes away. My mouth gets hard to open,hard to swallow and under my neck hurts as well. I also get bumps on my right tonsil that bother me a lot. Should I insist to get them removed? Is there anything that can help bad sore throats from reacurring?

Thank you,
Kristin

This discussion is related to Shape of the tonsils, abnormal?.
i had the same problem. i would get sore throats and they would go away on their own. but then with my allergies, i kept getting nasil drippage stuck in the corners and would build up like it does with your food.. the doctor told me that there is no real reason to take them out because they werent causing a medical emergency. the spots you are getting could be strep throat. if your insurance covers it i recommend you go get them out. after i had gotten mine removed the doctor told me he was glad i had him take them out because after he removed them he saw they were way more infected and enlarged then he could tell by just looking at them. and they could have swelled up so large they could have stopped my breathing. go see an eyes nose and throat doctor and tell him the doctor isnt doing much help and you want to have them removed. your insurance should cover them because its not a cosmetic procedure. i didnt want to get the surgery cause i was really scared. but it paid off in the end. ive had them out for almost 3 years now and i havent had a sore throat or any complications.