About cryosurgery for keloids

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

About cryosurgery for keloids

Hi, I have a big keloid about 7 cm long and about 3 cm in width by my private part[ not on the part where I have to pee thank God].It is covered by my underwear.I had laser surgery years ago when I was a teenager but my keloid came back.I'm in my early 20's now.I had surgery then shots 2 years ago but it came back bigger.I didn't continue getting the shots because I didn't like the doc's behavior.I wish that I went somewhere else to get the shots.I first got this keloid in my early teens from a chicken pox.During the time I used silicone sheet ,pressure garment and shots but it made it grow bigger.

I had 2 small keloids[ one of them came from my chicken pox.I got the other keloid around the same time as the chicken pox keloids.The only time I treated these small keloids was 2 years ago] on my leg removed at the same time[2 years ago] as the big keloid but I got radiotherpy on them after.One of the keloids on my leg looks like a normal scar and it isn't raised.It would itch abit if I press my finger nail into it.I guess that I shouldn't call it a keloid anymore because it isn't growing which i'm happy about.The other keloid on my leg is bigger than before because of the incision.IT is raise so it takes the shape of the incision site.I plane to use silicone sheet for this one and I plan to use a silicone sheet for my flat scar to be safe.

I want to do a cryosurgery for my big keloid by my private part and get injections after.Is the process safe ?.will it take away my big keloid ?.will it freeze the root of my keloid ?.Thanks

Keloid is a firm, rubbery lesions pink to flesh-coloured in colour. A keloid scar is benign, non-contagious and sometimes accompanied by severe itchiness and pain. Cryosurgery is an excellent technique for keloids and is often combined with monthly cortisone injections. The side effect of this therapy is that it causes skin blanching.

I suggest you to get it evaluated from your cosmetologist and discuss it in detail with him.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks for the help!
Hi,i wanted to get cryosurgey but the doc wanted it to be surgically remove and get radiotherphy three times to make sure it never comes back.i'm ok with what they wanted to do but i really hate getting surgery with many docs in the room.I have a major fear around people.
so far so good.my ''stitches'' [ i got the ones that dissolves thank God.i think those kinds are best for keloid formers]  arent spreading apart and forming into a keloid like it did years ago which is a good sign.because this keloid i had was growing like crazy the plastic surgeant injected the wound with steriods before closing and than he put on steroid strips that sticks like tape across the sticthes.my radiotherphy doc ask if i still want radiotherphy after he saw what the plastic surgeant did and i said yes because i dont think that getting shots alone would help.the same day i got my first radiotherphy and i came back other two days for two more radiotherphys.its been over a week since surgery .on one or two parts of where the steriod strips isnt covering i can see that it is healed and it looks like my normal skin.ill post more updates later