Accidentally squeezing a mole

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Accidentally squeezing a mole

Hello, a few days ago I found a dot on my leg which i thought was some kind of black head and tried to remove it by squeezing it. However, failing to remove it I realized that it looks more like a mole (small, round and brownish) than a black head. I squeezed it for some time, but not to the extent that it has bled (just a little bit red around it). I'm a little bit worried that I have been playing around with it for so long. Does this pose a risk of some kind?

Thanks, your advice would be much appreciated : )
From the symptoms it sounds like a mole only. The redness is due to the inflammation of the skin around it. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. In future please don’t mess with it and keep an eye on it. If you notice changes in the mole's/mark’s color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful. Otherwise it should be left as such.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and regards.