Accutane- very low body fat
My body fat went from around 15 % to under 8 %  after taking accutane. I am extremely thin now and cannot put on weight on no matter how much I eat or what I eat. For example I can eat a whole tub of ice-cream and has no affect on my body. I have read about others have this issue also. Isotretinoin (accutane) obviously messed up something in my body so that it doesn't metabolize or absorb food the way it did pre-accutane. If anyone has any knowledge in this area plz respond. ty.
Weight loss is one of the side effects of taking Accutane and it may cause anorexia as well. Eat a healthy nutritious diet and consult your doctor if weight loss is a major problem. You may need to be put on some other medication for acne rather than Accutane.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.