Dermatology Expert Forum
Accutane and Pigmentation/Genital Bumps
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Accutane and Pigmentation/Genital Bumps

Im on my 4th month of accutane at 40 mg a day.  I got back from Hawaii a couple weeks ago.  While in hawaii, I got a moderate tan; I only got burned the last day.  Even so, I was just a little pink and there was no pain at all.

After the burn became tan, I noticed something.  I had several pigment-less blotches on my right upper arm.  They were circular, about 1 inch in diameter.  As time went on, these spots develpoed on my left arm, then my forearms.  The spots got bigger too.  Ive lost about 1/4 the pigment on my right forearm.  The skin that loses its pigment starts out normal, gets really dry, cracks up, and then it loses all of its pigment.  

Is this normal with accutane?

Also, i have a little more embarassing problem.  For a while, ive had several acne like bumps on the shaft of my penis.  There are like 30, and they arent inflamed like acne.  You can pop them and everything like acne, and pus comes out.  They never go away though.

I though accutane may help this too, but I was too embarassed to ask my dermatologist about this.  What is this?