Dermatology Community
Accutane-like face
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Accutane-like face

I am 32, suffered acne since I was 13 .  I have taken accutane before and I know how it makes my skin feel and appear.  I am not on any pills, take Omega 3s and Vitamin D (when I remember to).  I have developed a terrible inflammed, red, hot, flaky, dry, uncomfortable infection with pimples around my mouth (pretty much from nose down), even my lips are inflammed and extremely dry.  These symptoms are JUST like what accutane would do and I can't seem to pinpoint where it could have come from.  I have suffered from this before, and got antibiotics, Doxycycline and no word of a lie, it cleared up 80% overnight and by day 3, it was completely gone.  I still have pimples, but the redness and inflammation had gone completely.  Can anyone tell me how this could happen?  I stay away from dairy, soy, caffeine, sugar and sodium.  I have a lot stress, but this "infection" comes on so suddenly and there is nothing but the antibiotics help!  Please anyone, if you have advice, please respond!  Thanks!  
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
20 hrs ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank