Accutane with Spirulina

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Accutane with Spirulina

I understand that accutane is a derivative of vitamin A, and that you should not take vitamin A whilst on it as it can cause toxicity.and i want to take a whole food hawaiian spirulina capsules, which does contain vitamin A, is it ok ?
Spirulina contains vitamin A in a small dose and it is not sufficient to cause toxicity when taken with accutane. Hence you can take Accutane along with spirulina but take Accutane only under medical supervision as it has plenty of side effects.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.