Acinetobacter lwoffii
I am worried,  I have Acinetobacter lwoffii, 4+.  i got it after I had the flu this summer.  I was first on cipro,then bactrim then back to cipro but I got so sick on that cirpo so I stopped everything.  Now I am back being treated again going on my 2nd round of bactrim DS and using some kind of pretreated wash clothes of peroxcide and something else.

This is not going away!  I am scared now.  
Are you better yet?  I have unfortunately caught this same gram negative bacteria and i will not go away.  I am scared also.  I have been on bactrim DS for over 5 months.  Now on Cipro,  Using Clorox directly on skin but burns like you know what.  Hope you are better
I had this in 1987, it lasted months. My doctor gave me carbapenem drug and even after the last script finished I stayed with a sore throat. A pathologist told me it can go dormant and colonize somewhere in the body and come back when your immune system is down. I hate to think about that.
Did this every go away.  I have been told that is what I have and I am so tired of all the different antibotics they are giving me and nothing works.
I was told in Aug 2014 it was the cause of my skin infection. Still have it. I'm curious what others have as symptoms. I have lesions on my arms, legs, scalp and face that started as what appeared to be a simple case of folliculitis.