Acne and Adderall(adderrall) :(

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Acne and Adderall(adderrall) :(

I began taking Adderall (adderrall) to treat my ADHD about 4 months ago. I am a 23 year old female and I have NEVER had an issue with acne. I've never had to wash my face or do anything to prevent it, I just don't get it. About 2-3 weeks after beginning Adderall (adderrall) I started to break out on my chin and around my mouth. I didn't change my make up, soap or anything so knew this wasn't the problem. I'm a nursing student and know that acne isn't a listed side effect of adderall (adderrall) (which is exactly what my psychiatrist told me), however after searching the web for hours it is a common theme among people. I tried everything- I increased my water intake substantially, began taking Fish Oil, I eat healthy, and I've tried tons of different acne face washes/medications that are supposed to work... But nothing does. In December I was not able to fill up my prescription for about 3 weeks due to an issue with my insurance. During that time period, my face completely cleared up! Once my insurance issue was resolved, I began taking adderall (adderrall) again.. And of course, I completely broke out again about 2-3 weeks later. My doctor has already looked at my acne and ruled out an allergic reaction and said it's just "plain old acne, see a dermatologist if you're concerned". Does any doctor out there have ANY advice for me?!
As mentioned earlier, Adderall (adderrall) does not cause acne. You should wash your face 2-3 times daily with a mild soap, avoid stress and oil based products. It is also not advised to pierce the pimples. Use could use an antibiotic cream like erythromycin or an ointment containing benzoyl peroxide for the pimple to heal.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.