Dermatology Community
Acne and discoloration in inner thighs near genitals
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Acne and discoloration in inner thighs near genitals

Hi
I have acne in my upper inner thigh area just below the genitals but not on the genitals themselves just the thigh area right beneath.
It started at puberty and has never gone away, i've never sought medical help for it either.
The skin there has lots of blackheads and sometimes more painful spots which hurt when walking when the legs rub together, and go away eventually after they grow and the pus comes out, which usually takes weeks from when they start.
The skin is also very discolored, I am of asian origin so my skin is light brown creamy colour, but in the upper inner thighs where the acne is it is completely black, which because of the contrast to the skin on the rest of my body makes it very noticible were I to wear something short.
I'm a little overweight and i've noticed when overweight it is worse and it reduces when i'm eating healthier and at a good weight for my body, but still it never quite goes away...
I have tried homeopathy sites and used products like thuja but to to effect, I have gone to the point of OCD with hygiene thinking its because I don't wash enough but its not that as i'm a very clean person, i'm 27 now and have been living with it for 15yrs, pls help!
It is becoming unbearable emotionally, i can't hold a relationship down because i'm worried when we get intimate he might see the acne down there, I always insist on the light off and avoid him touching me there which is making me so upset, I just want to be able to be FREE, I feel like such a freak! When on holiday I was on the beach in my jeans, I couldn't sunbathe because I can't wear a bikini in fear of exposure, I don't know how many more yrs of this I can take, it feels like i'm losing the best yrs of my life to the insecurity stemming from this acne.
I want to approach my GP about it but feel so ugly down there can't bear for anyone to see it, still I know that might be my only option left.
Does anyone know of any effective method of treatment for this???