Dermatology Community
Acne beginning at 23
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Acne beginning at 23

Can washing your face too much or with certain products make you break out?  I have always had a clear complexion until I started using a certain skin product to wash my face and then I started breaking out bad! I am 23 and have never had acne.
Tags: Acne, Skin, face
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Have you started taking any types of medications lately? If not it could be an allergic reaction and you should discontinue use of the product. I am also 23 and I always had very clear skin until I started taking a certain type of medication, which made it my complexion very poor. I hope I could help you.
Blank
Hi

Yes. Frequent washing may dry up the skin and the skin compensates by producing more oil . Dry skin is readily irritated .When washing the face, use only mild and bland cleansers with natural ingredients. You may use Cetaphil and Neutrogena and other brands that are non abrasive. Pat the skin dry and do not rub. Avoid astringents , direct exposure to heat or the sun. Use sunscreen both indoors and outdoors. Avoid applying any medications or substances on the face unless prescribed by your doctor.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...