Acne beginning at 23
Can washing your face too much or with certain products make you break out?  I have always had a clear complexion until I started using a certain skin product to wash my face and then I started breaking out bad! I am 23 and have never had acne.
Have you started taking any types of medications lately? If not it could be an allergic reaction and you should discontinue use of the product. I am also 23 and I always had very clear skin until I started taking a certain type of medication, which made it my complexion very poor. I hope I could help you.

Yes. Frequent washing may dry up the skin and the skin compensates by producing more oil . Dry skin is readily irritated .When washing the face, use only mild and bland cleansers with natural ingredients. You may use Cetaphil and Neutrogena and other brands that are non abrasive. Pat the skin dry and do not rub. Avoid astringents , direct exposure to heat or the sun. Use sunscreen both indoors and outdoors. Avoid applying any medications or substances on the face unless prescribed by your doctor.