Dermatology Expert Forum
Acne on Penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Acne on Penis

I have an embarrasing Question. I have acne all over my penis. I wash everyday so it is not as if I'm not clean. I have even tried to apply acne medication on my penis, but all that seems to do is really irritate my skin. Is there anything that you might suggest that would help me to getting rid of this acne.
Chad:

I think what you may be describing are the small cysts many people in this Forum have asked me about.  They look like whiteheads, but are not.  You can't remove them, but you don't need to.  Acne medicine will surely irritate them.

If you need reassurance on this point, please don't be embarrassed to ask a doctor.  One look should be enough to tell you for sure that this is nothing to worry about.

best.

Dr. R
suffering from balanoposthitis from 2 years advice treatment
I have the same problem as Chad (who wrote in about his acne and cysts).  I think this is very embarrasing.  Is there anyway to shrink the size or to completely cure them?  Also, (this has happened once and I was stumped on what to answer), what if you are with a girl who notices and wants to know what they are?  Is there any easy reply to give?  

Any suggestions are very helpful.

Dave
hi i have a question, i had a really small pimple on my penis that i could barely see, it wasnt red..so it wasnt irratated, it was the color of my skin but now it has gotten bigger and is now red and kind of itchy. could this have occur because i masterbate frequently? can this be a sign of genital herpes? i have had sex with people i dont know well but i always used protection, please let me know
A related discussion, worry was started.