Dermatology Expert Forum
Acne on penis head

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Acne on penis head

A couple of months ago as if from no-where (im 17 and havent engaged in any kind of sexual activity) a couple 4-5 light orange/white little acne like spots have appeared just next to the urinary opening on my penis head. Furthermore i have noticed a couple more tiny ones spread about on the inside of the foreskin. Stupidly I tried to pop one on the tip and irritated it and now it turned red and is painful before it was not and the others still arent, will it heal should I do anything against it? Do they go away? It seemed like eternity that the spots are there. Im very concerned about what might be going on and have researched as much as possible but havent found any viable answers to my issue. I have read that using Bacitracin would help get rid of these spots but im not sure about it so im seeking further help. I also dont know if I should go to a Dermatologist/Urologist since this is a very touchy issue for me. Thank you for the help and hopefully shift and positive response.
I think you are describing irritation and blocked pores, nothing more.  I advise you to do nothing for a month.  If the bumps are still there, by all means see a skin doctor--no need to be self-conscious.  And skip the internet research.  Mostly what you get when you try to diagnose yourself on-line is a list of scary diagnoses you don't have.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
thank you doctor you saved me a lot of worrying, can you advise me on how to prevent blocked pores in the future?

best regards