Dermatology Community
Acne/pimply-like breakout on armpit
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Acne/pimply-like breakout on armpit

Does anyone else struggle with acne/pimply-like breakouts on their armpits??  

For me, it started last summer as tiny nicks from my razor while shaving - just on my left armpit.  After awhile, when I was going through some severe stress and anxiety issues, I noticed pimples there.  They hurt a bit right after they appear but don't really itch or anything like that.  They seem to take a long time to clear up, longer than acne anywhere else - but I'm not sure if this is just because they're in a sweat gland.  

My doctor took a quick look and said it was razor burn.

I apply topical acne medication (Clean & Clear) and use antibacterial soap which seems to keep the breakouts under control - instead of 5-6 large pimples at a time, I have just 1.  Tried changing deodorants, but this didn't have any effect.  I change razor blades frequently.

Anyone else have any suggestions?  
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I have the same problem. I only have 1 on my right armpit though!
Your doctor was right, it was from shaving. I have also tried all the methods you have to trying to make it go away, but this 1 little pimple has been with me for about 2 years!
Not sure what you can do though, sorry!
Blank
I have a very similar problem.  I have a bunch of pimples under my armpit.  My doctor said it could be an hair follicle infection.  I was then prescribed oral medicine for it. You should ask your doctor if you have an hair follicle infection. I do not recall the name of the medication but it started with "mono" something. Hope this helps and drink lots of water :)
Blank
I have the exact same issue. I usually got it from shaving or using new deodorants. I started using revive clinical protection deodorant which seriously helped out my issue. I have little to no bumps. I have been using it for a short amount of time. The first time i used it was before i went to bed. In the morning all the bumps shrunk in size and were not nearly as red as they were.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...