After anal fissure and hemorroid surgery

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hi, I'm 26 years old and had never suffered from hemorroids (hemorrhoids) until I was expecting my now, 16 month old baby girl. During the pregnancy I had really large external hemorroids (hemorrhoids), however I wasn't too worried as my midwife explained that this was normal during pregnancy. After the birth they returned severly for a couple of weeks, and then they would come and go. In june 2009 after a very stressful time they came back and they stayed! But I also noticed a change in them, they seemed to be even more painful. I became terrified to go to the loo, so I avoided going, which made the time that I HAD to go, worse. In a nut shell, if and when I went, I would then spend 2 days in tears, I couldn't go out as the burning and itching sensation was far too strong for me to deal with.Then it would lessen , and then I would have to go again... so it was a very vicious circle. I saw in total 8 different doctors, ended up every weekend in A+E, the last time they gave me 5 injections of anestetic which gave me about 3 hours of pain free for the first time in months. Each doctor I had seen told me a different story. I explained each time what I felt, it is my body after all and the pain was being dished out to me, so I thought that maybe they just might listen a little... I told them all that I knew I had hemmorroids, they were external, and I was no longer capable of getting them to go back inside. But, I felt like I was also torn on the inside. I was told by some that they were just hemorroids (hemorrhoids) and that I had to toughen up. Others said, yes, it is an anal fissure (a tear). I was told to use so many creams and tablets and drops etc.. that after 4 months I wrote a list and it took up an A4 page! I was having other incidents due to the medication that I was on, and having a little baby was dangerous, I was afraid to drive or even carry her up and down the stairs. Finally I saw another Doctor who said, yes you have both. I will schedule you for the surgey. In November I went in, I was given an epidural and he removed the hemorroids (hemorrhoids) which were internal, and took out the area of the fissure and opened a new wound with new flesh basically. I was kept in overnight (much to the disgust of my daughter, who ignored me when she came with her daddy the next day to get me!) Yes it hurt very much after going to the toilet. I was told that recovery would take at least 40 days. That meant 40 days of bathing in betadine every 2 hours, and doing veyr little movement and eating a very simple and plain diet. I followed the diet, I bathed, but being sat down or in bed for 40 days just didn't happen. My husband works full time and I am a full time mum who also works a few hours a day from home.The first check up went ok, it hurt, there was still some bleeding, the Dr said that I must rest. The 2nd check up I was told the same, however I asked why externally did I have what looks like another hemorroid...? I was told that it will take time to go, it can eventually be removed. Can anyone tell me exactly what this is? Its now been nearly 3 months since my surgery and it still really hurts when I go to the toilet, and this external gland that is always present hurts more and more each time and the pain lasts all day pretty much. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there anything I can do??? Thanx