Dermatology Community
After hands get wet raised white patches appear with small holes
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

After hands get wet raised white patches appear with small holes

7825949?1333395011
I noticed about a month ago that everytime i take a shower, wash my hands, do dishes, anything with water. But after my hands would get wet I would have these white raised patches on my palms that have small holes inside that patches. I went to the derm today to see what they think it might be and they told me they were not sure of the problem. Even when my hands appear to be sweaty these patches come back. When my hands are dry the patches are not as noticable, but you can still see the small holes and where the patches normaly would be if my hands were wet. I have no idea what this is but if anyone could help that would be great. Ill post a picture of it so you can see what it looks like while wet.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I have this same problem and I would like to know what it is aswell
Blank
I also have this problem and the dermatologist told me I may have an allergic reaction to a product. Were you able to find out what it is? Did it go away?
Blank
This may be a condition known as FOCAL PALMAR PEELING or EXFOLIATIVE KERATOLYSIS (Keratolysis Exvoliativa). Or, also ACRAL PEELING SKIN SYNDROME. Read up on these conditions as there is a lot of info on the internet that may interest you. Several members of my family have had this condition at various times. Usually it comes unexpectedly and goes away on its own.  

Good Luck!
Blank
For the peeling or white blistering fingers or hands: This may be a condition known as FOCAL PALMAR PEELING or EXFOLIATIVE KERATOLYSIS (Keratolysis Exvoliativa). Or, also ACRAL PEELING SKIN SYNDROME. Read up on these conditions as there is a lot of info on the internet that may interest you. Several members of my family have had this condition at various times.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...