Dermatology Expert Forum
After many years of bleaching my skin, my natura

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

After many years of bleaching my skin, my natural skin colour refused to return to normal its still fair and i want it to go to its normal dark color,  apart from staying under the sun will applying red clay mixed with ginger give me my natural skin color back please reply me please
Tags: bleaching skin
Thanks for posting your query.

The lightening of skin due to many years of bleach usage can be due to post inflammatory hypopigmentation. However it has to be differentiated from vitiligo which is a pigmentation disorder in which melanocytes (the cells that make pigment) in the skin are destroyed.

If it is post inflammatory hypopigmentation then with sun exposure the white areas should eventually repigment but treatment of vitiligo is specific. Treatment of postinflammatory hypopigemnattion may also involve the use of topical corticosteroids or tars (topical cream), light or laser treatment, or surgical skin grafting.

To confirm the diagnosis get it examined from your dermatologist as skin scraping for mycology and/or biopsy for histopathology may be necessary. Laser scanning microscopy may also be helpful.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Wishing you good health.

thank you very much, it was so very much more helpful to me, am truely greatful, but please sir can you give me a name of one of the best topical cream i could use and can it be found in nigeria...