Age spot that changes in appearance

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Age spot that changes in appearance

I have an age spot under my left eye that has been there since starting harmone treatment several years ago.  I have not been concerned about it and have tried several fade creams etc to get rid of it, but it is still there.  I have recently noticed it is somewhat raised now and harder to cover with makeup.  I am a bit concerned because it has raised and itches slightly at different times.  Should I spend the money (no insurance) to get it checked or is it just a raised age spot now?
Tags: age spots
  • nose (1 replies):
    hey guys i have a small red spot on my nose that is slig...[more]
  • New mole/freckle on side of foot? (1 replies):
    I have recently notice a very small (maybe 1-2 mm) raise...[more]
  • itching moles (1 replies):
    I have a few small, very pale, slightly raised moles on ...[more]
  • moll (1 replies):
    i have moll in my pubic aria for about whole my life, bu...[more]
  • mole? (1 replies):
    a sort of mole appeared on my upper left arm..i am conce...[more]
Since the age spot has changed in appearance, so definitely it needs to be evaluated. Possibility of actinic or seborrheic keratosis is always there. Moreover If you notice changes in the mark’s color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful.Otherwise it should be left as such.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.