Aged Hands

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Aged Hands

My hands look very aged, they are very thin, and extremely wrinkly. I've had this problem since I was a teenager. I am now 27. Lotion does not seem to help. I am now using vegetable glycerin. Is there something I can do to fix my hands?
I am 31. I have the same problem. is your skin overall easy to pull too? well I have the same problem. It is due to lack of water. do you drink  6 to 8 glasses a day? this is what i was told. you can use a scrub on your hands like St.ives. some poeple use aging lotion on their hands....the same kind one would use on face. it might get expensive though. for instance, oil of olay for wrinkles.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

The skin of the hands is delicate and much exposed to certain irritants like chemicals from soaps and detergents, abrasive lotions and creams ,heat and cold. These may dry the skin  causing wrinkles, scaling and in some cases even eczema. As the hands are vulnerable, it is wise to use hand creams that contain sunscreens and moisturizers like vitamin E. Use only a mild and bland cleanser like Cetaphil to wash the hands. You may increase absorption of the moisturizer by putting on moisture gloves that may be available in some stores.

And yes, drink plenty of water, eat well, get enough sleep and avoid prolonged washing of the hands.

Here is a url which contains a list of products that you may opt to use :

http://lesstoxicguide.ca/index.asp?fetch=personal#lotio
Google eds syndrome