Air-filled blisters around pelvis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Air-filled blisters around pelvis

For at least a couple of years now I've had this rash of small (2mm diameter max), round, air pockets (blisters?) around my left pelvic area (just between my left thigh and the left side of my stomach). The rash fluctuates in size, sometimes almost leaving completely, and at other times spreading throughout the entire area.

They're really dry, skin-colored or pinkish, not itchy for the most part, and very flaky; I can peel off the entire circular top of one and it just reveals tender skin beneath.

What is this?!
One of the possibilities for your symptoms is bullous pemphigus. It is an acute or chronic autoimmune skin disease, involving the formation of blisters on abdomen and thighs. Diagnosis is based on two biopsies of the skin, one submitted for routine H&E staining and one for immunofluorescence studies.
I suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

• pemphigus (1 replies):
    i am 27 year old,dignosed with rare skin disease pemphag...[more]
  • blisters (1 replies):
    i have blisters on my right hand as well and it has affe...[more]
  • Blister (2 replies):
    Hi I woke up Saturday morning with burning sensation ...[more]
  • blisters (1 replies):
    I have a quarter sized area on my buttocks that is red a...[more]
  • My husbands feet (1 replies):
    My husband have these red spots on the bottom of his fee...[more]
It sounds to me as if you have a form of Ichthyosis. The spot your talking about sounds like a spot where your skin is made faster than normal, and sometimes friction can cause blisters. as the blisters begin to heal you can peel off the top revealing new skin underneath.

Can you get a picture of it and post it on your profile?  it's much easier to give you an idea of what it is when I can see it myself.

I looked up some pictures of bullous pemphigus online and it doesn't look at all like what I have (thank goodness). That's a lot worse. This is just tiny blisters and pretty distinct; they're not even blisters, really, which is the weird thing. It's like spots except that when you take the top off you find out that it had space in between the healthy skin and the dead skin. I once asked a doctor about it in passing and he dismissed it completely, saying it was "just a virus" and that it was permanent. So perhaps there are some harmless skin abnormalities...but I'd like to be safe. I will probably visit a dermatologist at some point, then. Thanks for all of the help!