Allergic Reaction
I recently used Dove face wash and as soon as I started rubbing it, my face and eyes started burning.  I imediately washed it off and rinsed my eyes out but it still stung.  Now my face is extremely dry and red, esspecially around my eyes and it hurts in the shower.  I use different face wash all the time and have never had an allergic reaction to any of them.  I used a non-medicated face lotion for sensitive skin but it's not helping.  I want to know if I should see a doctor or if it will just go away over time.
Hi Emma,

I used some Dove body wash/soap before, I think it was moisturizing with oatmeal or something like that in it.  

Anyway, my face got red and puffy around my eyes, also felt dry and burning.  I threw the stuff away once I realized what it was doing and switched to Cetaphil fascial soap.  After a few days things went back to normal.  I am sure it was an allergic reaction to something in that soap.