Allergic reaction in vaginal and anus from soap. Please help!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I have been experiencing vaginal discomfort similar to a yeast infection. It has been a year and I have had several test done that would explain my discomfort. Every std test, cultures, pap smears and coloscopy nothing has been found. I was negative for everything. I recently was told that maybe im allergic to soap. Since this happened I have changed my soap, laundry detergent and do not use anything down there that would irritate except soap and I use Dove unscented. I also have a rash in my anal area and was misdiagnosed with the doctor's saying I had genital warts but when I went last the OBGYN specilist told me it was a rash.  He gave me some steriod cream and im also taking Antihestimens.Im so confused and at my wits end. I have stopped using soap and just rinsing with warm water.  My question is If I was using soap for this whole year how long would it take for me to heal?????? Agian it has been a year of destoying my skin and mucus membranes.
make an appointment with your doctor
OMG! Exact same this is happening to me.One year plus! Out of no where!  I have changed soaps a billion times.No one can spray any perfumes of any kind,we thought it was this or that...never was.
I think it has to be something I'm taking, then the reaction is to WHATEVER on its way out of  my body? But now that not it! I dont take any meds and I eat the same friggin food I have always eaten.A doctor told me you dont aquire new allergies,you already have  them, you just get exposed to the agent.I have tried everything to figure out the cause of this
I just want to take my koochie and throw it on the floor,she was my best friend, now shes my worst enimy, NOBODY can itch down there for a year+ straight and not lose it every now and then. This is so irritating. AND DOES NOTHING FOR YOUR SEX LIFE!!
Please let me know if you find a solution!
I use hypoallergenic PEARS soap. The only place i have found it is in the DOLLAR TREE in the soap isle. I was allergic to every other kind of soap and it's stopped the itching and the skin irritation. it's only a dollar but it works the best that i've tried. It comes in a tan and green (both transluscent). Give it a try.
I hear each one of you. Been having this problem for years, of course, always misdiagnosed, until I recently found out my cause of the problem. I have allergies, recently diagnosed and found that using certain vaginal washes was destroying me, leave alone other reasons. So, I am now convinced what the problem is. I found using the femwash from Summereve, actually cured me, until I bought one with a delicate blossom fragrance to it, which I did not see in the first place, but after using it the first day, realised it had a scent to it. Not thinking anything, I started to get an irritation "down there" and it struck me that it was the wash. I immediately changed the bottle to a regular sensitive skin Femwash from summereve and my problem is now gone. So help me if they remove this product from the market, because it has taken me over 40 years to realise what my problem was/is, So hopefully many women out there, realise that there is something called Sensitive skin, and allergies :-)
Dove soap is the absolute worst type of soap to use in the vaginal area. Especially because it usually has exfoliates in it which is usually used for the face to clear it of dirt and dead skin. But in the vaginal area exfoliates are the worst because it throws of your vaginas natural feminine p.h. Balance which is the bodies healthy bacteria and is what keeps your vagina wet or moist in a good way. So when you get rid of the all the good bacteria your vagina goes dry like the Sahara and thats why your vag starts to itch . You can try using aloe vera gel, it will probably burn at first but after 15 it will stop the itching completely :) trust me ive been through this before. Hope it helps guys