Allergic reaction to meds or face wash?
HI,

Just wondering, I've seemed to have a horrible allergic reaction to either Neutrogena face wash OR Rosasol (perscription for Rosacea). So bad in fact that I needed to go to the emergency room yesterday morning. My skin, from my chin to my eye brows is burning, red, itchy and my face has swelled like crazy, especially around my eyes. So, my question is this...

I was just RX Rosasol last week, used it all last week with no problems. I also ran out of my normal Neutrogena face wash, went to buy some more. They didn't have any, so I bought Neutrogena Deep Pore wash. The day after using Neutrogena (Tues morning), my face started reacting. Now, about 4 months ago, I had used an Avon product (Deep cleansing) and my face did almost the same thing, without the swelling). The common ingredient is Salicylic Acid! I'm sure to avoid those ingredients in the future.

So, now I'm on Prednisone, Benadryl and not using any creams, RX or otherwise. My eyes still haven't come down from the heavy swelling (my left eye was almost swelled shut). Skin is still burning and very tight.

Was wondering if I'm maybe mistaken about the cleansing products causing this reaction or if it's the Rosasol? (I had been on Metronidazole a few years ago, with no problems... same ingredient as Rosasol) Should I also be wary of taking aspirin now, since that's a salicylic acid as well?

Oh well, just hoping the swelling goes down fast and the itching/burning subsides fast... my face hurts!

thanks for reading this  

Lisa
I've recently had somewhat of this problem as well. I have been using Acne Free for 6 months and just ran out of the toner (of the 3 step system...) So I thought I would just substitute witch hazel. Well, I ended up breaking out, but I thought it was Fifths disease. When it finally cleared up (I had gone to my parent's house for the weekend, and didn't bring my acne free with me....) I washed my face at home, and broke out again about 12 hours later. I thought it was just the hot shower bringing the rash back out. I've broken out 2 more times this week, both after using Acne Free, without the witch hazel (pitched it because it had expired back in April.. oops!) I'm not sure why now I'm having a reaction, if there is something in the toner that kept me from having a reaction before or what. But my face is hot, red, rashy, and very very itchy! It takes almost 48 hours for it to go away. I've got 5 children so, imagine that.I only wash my face when I shower, and if I'm lucky I get a shower every 2-3 days. So just when it was going away, I'd go use Acne Free again! I also was avoiding a shower a bit because I thought that was bringing the rash out.... now that I *think* I know what it is, I'm going to stop using Acne Free. I started using it because I have rosacea. But my rosacea isn't half as bad as this rash!
Help freaking out I always have clear skin use make up daily but wash it off. Well three days ago I notice little bumps. Still wash put make up over them next day red and ichy and dry. Today irritated look like heat bumps. Hurts really bad what is the quickest way to get rid of this problem. It's like okay they are in a process of getting bigger Help........
My skin face was fairly normal (nothwitstanding some dryness around the nose) and not allergic to anything. However lately, all hell broke loose: itchy skin, red blotches started appearing. Pretty ugly. And then, my eyes reacting terribly to something. Symptoms were big red circles around the eyes, irritated, watery and itchy eyes. Miraculously, the problems started to disappear. I took my guard down and made the mistake of using Aveeno cream to moisten skin around above my eyes. It caused the same  reaction to my eyes described above. Now I don't know what to do but I definitely will not be using any moisturizer as I don't know if any will work
I've been using Proactiv for 2 weeks and it cleared up the majority of my blemishes. I was so pleased with the product because it was the only thing that ever seemed to work. Then one day, i got out of the shower and noticed my cheeks were turning redish. I didn't think much of it and just went to sleep. The next day, i woke up and my face was glowing red, swelling and itchy as ever. I've been icing it which seems to help with the swelling. I've also been taking Benadryl. My face has been like this for 3 days now and i am going on vacation in 3 days!! I really need my skin to go back to normal. Does anyone know how long it will take for my face to get better? PLEASE HELP.
On Saturday I used a aveeno clear complextion foaming cleanser and the next day I woke up and my eyes were puffy and I have a complete red face it's almost Christmas ! I haven't put any makeup on for 3 days now my face is EXTREAMLY dry  and I'm not getting any sleep because I'm in pain I have been taking bendryl and pain meds but nothing works all I have been doing is keep in a cold cloth on my face. Do you have any tips for speeding up the healing process by Christmas 4 days away???
Niky321 - no matter what dont put any steroid creams like Cortisone cream on your face. Whilst it will improve the skin, it can make it permanently sensitive.

The pain is horrible, I know it well - see my post April 24/2011. The pain is like a chemical burn, hot, itchy and everything in the air makes your skin itchy.

Get yourself to the GP and see if they can give you some tablets, rather than something topical to apply. Emergency backup for Christmas I suggest powder mineral makeup that does not absorb into the skin, rather sits on top of it.

Also, throw out all cleansers that you may be tempted to use (even if its a full bottle) its frustrating to throw away something barely used. But once your skin becomes reactive to a certain ingredient - it will react faster next time you're exposed to it.

I've found tinted zincs are quite useful for neutral coverage, they aren't absorbed by the skin, and if you need more coverage - use the zinc as a base and then mineral powder on top.

My latest trial of products are the Nude by Nature tinted zincs - sold at Priceline and a few chemists. Plus try their powder compacts and bronzers. I'm using their foaming cleanser at the moment too, its not too bad - but its slightly drying. I think their mineral makeup line is better than their skincare line.
I am having similar reactions to those posted but to FOUNDATION, not to cleanser.  They stopped making the foundation compact makeup I used for years, and every single thing I have tried makes my skin feel like it's burning.  It doesn't look red or swollen, and there is no visible rash, but I have this constant burning sensation.  Do any of you who have experienced something similar have a foundation you can recommend?  I would really appreciate it.  Thanks.  MST
I too had normal, non-reactive skin and could use whatever face creams I wanted with no problems. In September this year my face reacted to something and I was getting red raised/bumpy itchy patches under my eyes and around my mouth. I wasn't sure what had caused it and the doctor gave me some steroid cream to use once a day and antibiotics and it went away. While on the anti bitotics I also started using E45 to try an eliminate what had caused the reaction (day cream/night cream/eye cream/etc.). I liked it and so carrried on using it as a face cream for about three months.

I was speaking to a pharmacist who said you shouldn't use E45 on your face everyday because it contains lanolin but I now can't go back to using my normal face cream (Nivea Q10) as I get red, swollen, itchy skin around my eyes and then spreading to the rest of my face and neck. I also tried Simple and that causes a similar reaction, it lasted over Christmas and New Years - not fun!

Has anyone else had this reaction to prolonged use of E45 then trying to use their original/different face cream?
Ive had the same problem worth my skin the only difference is that my skin has been burning around my cheek and chin areas and our does not look our feel good it looks as if i grew a beard and shaved it off..... I think that it comes from using different skin care products especially if you were using just one for awhile stick to hust one cleanser and if u do decide to switch wait for a few days then start using yoir new cleanser... But for now be easy on the skin and gentle until it clears itself we are humans and our sjin will heal itself i woukd also try using cold washclothes and Neosporin to help the burn..... God blessed.
Hi I just had a facial today and now the area under my eyes is red,burning, sore and dry.  Not sure what happened the rest of my face is ok. Does anyone have any advise on what happened and what I can use to ease the redness and pain. Thanks.
It has to be the salicylic acid because the same thing is happening to my face..my skin is actually ROUGH and bumpy.  And SO dry.  I just started to use Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit cacial cleanser and this is what the result is!  I am definitely going back to my Aveeno!
I used Neutrogena pink grapefruit facial wash, twice. DON’T USE THIS. My face has broken out in tiny white spots on my forehead and chin. It feels like sand. I’m sorry I don’t know how to make this facial reaction any better, just to warn you. I’m going to try Vaseline.
I have also used the Neutrogena face mask products until I realized that strange rosacea on my skin probably had to do with the fact that it had acetylsalicylic acid in it and haven´t used them since. Unfortunately, I still have about three containers of them.... but I´m glad that the rosacea wasn´t due to a more serious/strange condition other than an allergy. Isn´t it possible that it´s not an allergy, and that it´s just the sun hitting the acid that creates the burn? I live in the tropics and can always get sun exposure.
Sometimes I went ahead and used the neutrogena, just as long as I didn´t have any outdoor trips planned on the weekend.
I too believe it is the salicylic acid in face wash. I used Neutrogena anti-acne a few years ago and had the red burning puffy eyes that turned dry and itchy for about a week. I used antihistamines, cold packs and tea bags but they didn't really help. I went to doctor and he gave me cortisone tablets (not sure if that helped either). Two days ago I tried the Avon black head eliminating cleanser, (contains 2% salicylic acid) and now my eyes and every wrinkle on my face is red, puffy and burning with the skin on the rest of my face feeling like 'leather'. I just tried  Bepanthen Cream (nappy rash cream) around my eyes and so far feels like it has cooled the skin. I feel for all you lovely people who this has happened to as well. It's uncomfortable and embarrassing.
i cant believe im sat here in shock reading everyones comments.
I recently bought Neutrogena Visibly clear 2-in-1 wash/mask.
i used it for about a week with no problems,it felt nice to start off with, then two nights ago a broke out in A spot, I then used the mask,
In the morning i woke up to find both my eyes swollen and red, eyes feels so tight and that spot has gone huge.and painful.
my partner just keeps saying its a spot, but my face looks disfigured.
As the spot is next to my eyebrow, i had a hair growing out of it,and i plucked it out i thought that had something to do with the swelling, never thought it could of been the face wash, untill i read these comments.
I bought neutrogena 3 days ago, I used it on my face two days in a row and woke up yesterday with red itchy face with little white bumps around my mouth, I thought it would go away but today I woke up and it had spread all over my face. My face is swollen and so have my eye lids it is getting worse more litle white bumps spreading up my cheeks. I went to the chemist and they gave me some anti histamines and some cream that should soothe my face. They said No makeup or hot showers as if irritates your face more. I hope my face gets better, I look disfigured from this product it should not be on the shelves of shops!
I found a loreal face cream under my sink and tried it.  My cheeks turned puffy red and are still dark after 5 weeks.  This company should get in trouuble for damaging skin.  Does anyone know how to get rid of these circles.  It seems to get better day by day.  Just using water and a gentle soap right now.
do not buy any loreal face products, they barely test them and are very rude on the phone!  My cheeks are still puffy and brown.  Hopefully it goes away over time.  Benedryl does not work, water and soap does not work hopefully time will work.  It has been 5 weeks
I am pretty sure my reaction may have been to a dermalogica product too.. not 100% sure, but I used 2 testers- one "calming facial serum" and one "anhydrous barrier" just the tiniest amounts, and my face has swollen up on my eyebrows, forehead and around my eyes- I look like I have been beaten and it is red in some patches. It happened a few hours after I put the stuff on while I was at work, and it is the next morning now and it is actually worse! I have never had anything on the face like this happen to me, I have no idea what is going on or how to make it go down before I have to go back to work. Also I don't know how to pinpoint for sure what I am reacting to, I don't want to try that cream again that is for sure. I took 2 zytrecs, and still my face just went nuts- I hate to think what would have happened if I didn't take anything. What the he?? should I do?
I have used Dermalogica products for a long time, but for my specific skin needs - I was given a sample of Dermalogica Multivitam thermafoliant:

Warning - it contains the devil!
Yep it has Salicylic Acid as an ingredient and I believe that after using this prouct only once - my face blew up, espeacialy around the eyes and cheeks with hives, pimples you name it - on fire, very tight and itchy not to mention  extremely alarming - I immediately took antihistame but with no effect. It has been 5 days since the onset. Whilst it has stabalized it has no sign of going away. Off to the Dr in the morning!

I have found organic Rose hip oil to be calming 1-2 drops gently applied to the face, bathing the face with soaked oats and also mashed up cucumber, (not all at the same time though!!)

Thank-you for all who have posted, it is very helpful.
I also found this link to be interesting for lovers of Dermalocica skin care:
http://www.****.com/reviews/details_Dermalogica_2.htm
I am also having an allergic reaction. I used Neutrogena On-the-Spot Treatment  (with benzoyl peroxide) ONE TIME, and in the morning my face was bright red, bumps all over, very itchy and painful, and it got progressively worse throughout the day. I am going to buy some aloe vera gel right now, and hopefully that will help.
Hey there! I used to use Firebird945 as my username when I was a kid and I decided to google it just now for no particular reason. Anyway, this comment was the only non-gibberish result, so I thought I'd leave you a comment and say nice username! You probably won't see this, but if you do, I hope it brightens you day (or at least makes it more interesting).
I am having a reaction to what I assume is the Neutrogena oil free face wash.  I have had the break out where my eyes get all puffy, my skin turns red and gets very dry where it peals like a sunburn.  I have been having this issue every couple of months and finally realized that it happens after I get home from traveling and I keep that brand of face wash in my travel bag and use it when I am on the road.  I don't have the problem at home where I use cetaphel face wash.  I wear the same make up so know that isn't causing it.  I am going on day 4 now and my face is finally starting to get back to normal except with dry red skin.  My eyes had swelled shut and got really puffy with bags under them.  I am hoping that is the culprit, I can't figure out anything else that causes it.  
Hi everyone,

I am the original poster of this thread.  It's now 5 years later and I've still not been successful in clearing up my skin.  

Since the original reaction 5 yrs ago, I've had 2 more reactions, both worse than the first.  Eyes swollen shut that I had to have someone drive me to the emergency room, red, burning face, sand paper like feel to the skin, burning almost underneath the skin, tingling, etc.  One seemed to be from an Avon product and one from a cleanser with those little beads in it.

I was put on prednisone for these reactions, told to use witch hazel to soothe/cool the skin and avoid those products.  

I've basically been living with acne and redness all this time... well, really, since my teenage years.  I'll be 44 this month and having menopausal symptoms, which affect my skin as well!  Grrr... so frustrating.

So, I had forgotten that I had written this 5 years ago, and I was googling for "allergic reactions to face wash/meds" and then found my original post.  to my surprise, there are 68 replies from men and women like me who suffer from this.  I certainly don't feel alone, however, still perplexed over having acne well into my adult years.

The reason for my googling this is because I've signed up for clinical trials for rosacea with acne at my local dematologists' office.  I hopefully will be meeting him in the next week or so.  I was hoping to talk to him about previous reactions I've had so as to avoid similar problems with this trial.  

**I secretly can't wait to be done menopause as I've heard it dries up your skin and hopefully that'll work for my acne.... even though I'm hating the hot flashes. LOLOL

Lisa :)
Hello to everyone reading this,

I too have had a reaction to Neutrogena acne face wash. 2 days after I started using it my eyes swelled almost completely closed and my face broke out into a hot red rough rash. I also have never had an allergic reaction to any skin care so it was quite alarming. I was prescribed benadryl for the itching. It's been two days since the reaction and my skin is slowly returning to normal.
I am so grateful for finding this thread. I was beginning to really worry there was something else wrong with me.
I just went throught all that you explained by using cleansing product from Lancome.  My face was fine until I used their cleanser and toner.   My face burned alittle and I saw tiny red bumps immediately afer cleansing.  By morning it was a mess.  Tight, dry - tiny red bumps.  My friend told me that raw honey helps - so I put it straight on my face and slept with it on.  Next morning  it was 85% better - no buring but still alittle red and bumpy.  Stopped using and it healed fast.  Just used olive oil to cleanse and vitamin e cream.   A few days later I used my friends very mild 3 in one facial stuff!  Forget that too, It started burning right away and the bumps came back just all over my chin.  It was horrible - used the raw honey again!!!  Went to health store - she sugguested Thayers witch hazel with aloe vera astringent.  And this Evanhealy Rosehip Treatment Facial Oil.  Also at night this evanhealy whipped shay butter with olive leaf.  It has not burned looks and feels great.  Very cheap too compared to Lancome's products.  But the raw honey works wonders. Can't believe that Friday night I was a Mess and by Sunday night it is 100% better. I will always have this on hand - takes the burning immediately away.  Good Luck - hope this helped!
I think this has to be an allergy to salicylic acid, or at least the strength Neutrogena use. I recently started using their grapefruit scrub and oil free moisturiser, not did they manage to dry up my skin and actually cause it to peel off, but they have also left tiny, itchy skin coloured bumps all over my face. Some other are saying it could be the BP, but I don't use any of it.
Hello..i applied VLCC ACNE CARE(3 DAY ACNE CORRECTOR CLOVE AND MENTHOL)Tube for my pimple for past two days..after applying it felt burning and tingling sensation n the area is it due to the clove and menthol..even dat area turned too much red...sore..even bit painful..by gods grace allergy didnt spread too much to lips and eyes..me suffering for past 3days..one more point to b noted as even dat cream too contained salicylic acid..iam just too worried wht to do..me using clearasil face wash but dat too contains very small percentage f salicylic acid..but dats not affecting me..now my allergy have cured bit..even I wash my face vth ice water and even gave ice compresion its working grt for me....plz help me out
I have this right now.  I hope I am okay.
I fell victim to Salicylic Acid for the first time last week...

I have always had great skin, no acne issues or anything. I was using Aveeno Positively Radiant daily moisturizer for years with no issues. I ran out, and when I went to purchase more, I noticed the Aveeno Skin Clearing moisturizer (with salicylic acid) was on sale for $5, so I figured what the heck. About 2 days after I started using it, I noticed tiny itchy, red bumps along my jawline, but didn't think anything of it. The next day, my entire face was covered in these bumps, only they were more red and more itchy! My face felt like sandpaper.

Five days later and I'm almost back to normal. Here's what I did...

1. STOPPED using any products with salicylic acid
2. Washed my face with "SIMPLE" brand cleanser
3. Took a benadryl before bed
4. Didn't put ANYTHING on my face for 24 hours. No moisturizer, no makeup.
5. switched to "SIMPLE" brand daily moisturizer.

I would highly recommend "SIMPLE" brand skin products for anyone with sensitive skin - or anyone with any type of skin! It's got only the most natural and simple ingredients, with no harsh chemicals. They have an entire line with cleansing wipes, scrubs, etc. The best part - you can get it anywhere and it's very affordable. Cheaper than the Aveeno products that I was using before.

their website is: www.simpleskincare.com

I hope this helps you all!
OMG! I am so thankful for all of you!! I forgot to wash my face one morning with my normal face wash and remembered that I had the Neutrogena acne wash in my purse (one of the little bottles) and so i went to the restroom and washed my face and was fine but the next morning, like you all, I woke up with my face ichy and eyes swollen and these annoying bumps ALL OVER MY FACE! I was trying to figure out what it could be. Didn't eat anything new so ruled out food allergy. I have a pool and thought maybe the chlorine irritated it but found it weird that it was only on my face, chin and neck. Then today it dawned on me that I had used the Neutrogena face wash and so I googled it and it brought me here! So relieved. Going after work and buying the purpose face wash and praying it doesnt take forever for my skin's texture to return to normal. Going to be more careful of what I use on my face. Thank you so much for sharing your story. May God heal you quickly. :)
Okay I think I have gotten the same allergic reaction you had because after using Neutrogena Oil-free acne wash my face felt tight and whenever I sweat my face would burn and feel itchy did you feel this way?
I used a product with Benzol Peroxide. Had the worse allergic reaction, my whole face was and still is currently swollen, red itchy and flaky. 3 days ago i could not open my eyes my face was so swollen and when i look in the mirror it is horrible. The swelling has calmed down considerably but im so afraid that my skin will be blotchy or discolored after it has all healed. I have been given prednisone tablets which is really helping and i have also been given hydrocortisone cream which i have used 3 time but am really afraid to use it on my skin.
Does your skin heal after the allergic reaction? is there any lasting damage? redness, blotchy skin, discoloration etc
please help im so scared i have ruined my face
Just bought Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash on Monday used it Monday night . Woke up on Tuesday with slightly rd itching face, as the day went on it was getting hotter and itchier, at the same time I have the flu so wasnt sure if it was connect so i loaded on the sudocream thinking it would help. The sudocream is actually just soaking straight into my skin my skin is so dry and flakey. I wake up this morning which is now wednesdays my face is a like a ballon every inch of my tiny face is swollen and bright red my left eye is barley open its that swollen. I got Zodac off the pharmist their hopeing they are going to work I can not een go to work thats how bad I look.

I am scared I have ruined my face any tips or help on this one please.

Maria  
The same thing happened to me and WE NEED HELP PEOPLE!!! MY LAST DAY AT SCHOOL IS COMING UP ON MONDAY AND THE LAST TIME THIS HAPPENED IT STAYED FOR FIVED DAYS!!! D:
I just bought this new neutrogena stuff for my face which i have never used before and no my face is ichy and starting to get bumbs on my neck, and mi skin feels leathery, i don't know if its the face wash or the toner that i use afterwars, I just dont want my face to swell up, and i dont want to stop using this and get another breakout!
I had the same problem when I started using the Neutrogena facewash that includes 2% salicylic ACID, I used it for 2 days and I had the worst breakout ever of my life. I had small pimples all over my face with pus and doctor prescribed a  cream to apply, the cream made my face itch sooo badly and I would not take it and I was literally scratching, I literally threw the cream right in the bin and visited the doctor, this time he prescribed an anti biotic (Doxycycline) for 10 days and I washed my face with a herbal facewash and my horrible looking face was back to normal in 2 and a half days - 3. :) I am now a new girl, never to use CHEMICALS again.
I, too, have had hives after switching my facial toner to Neutrogena's alcohol free toner.  Once I stopped using it, things are clearing up.  Cortaid cream and/or Bacitracin helped.  I have found that Jason Age Renewal Vitamin E cream is a good moisturizer for me - no allergic reaction to it.  However, that said, allergies are unique to each individual.  If I have learned nothing else through my daily struggle with thyroid issues, it is that - everyone can be allergic to something, whether or not it's supposed to be "allergy free."  It's trial and error on everything in my life, and has been 2000% worse after a traumatic auto accident which affected my thyroid.  One of the most helpful things to me has been learning about NAET (search for it online).  Allergies can actually be treated easily thru NAET and that has helped me tremendously.  
I also used Neutrogena pink grapefruit wash.  What a disaster!  Only used it two times, and my left eye nearly swole shut, my face felt burned, and now a week later, my forehead and cheeks are still peeling in a gross, not-sunburned peeling way.  Stay away fr!
I'm over 50 and NEVER had an allergic reaction to any product before. Yesterday I used the Garnier makeup remover (Refreshing Remover), which I had been using for the past six months. Right after using it my face felt tight and very hot, as if I had a temperature but it was only on the face. After a few hours my face was burning and it became beet red. I washed my face with plain water and it felt better, but after it dried it was hot and red again. I prayed to God I would not get an allergic reaction during my sleep. This morning I woke up with eyes swollen so bad that it was hard for me to open them. I freaked out, but otherwise feeling okay, so I have stayed at home and not gone to the ER. The swelling is down a little, to the point that I could navigate online. Thinking about it, the only thing I did differently is that instead of using one wipe, I used two. Never used two before. Writing this in help of warning others. Thanks.
You could use wet dressings(wet wraps), and should help you to tide it over.
I had the same reaction after using Estee Lauders ANR. My face took a week to recover from red puffy itchy eyes. I was left feeling like I had a chemical peel, my face was so dry and I had to use serious amount of Neals Yard moisturiser cream to help repair the damage.
I've been having the exact same problem. Every time I wash my wash, no matter how "gentle" or "hypo-allergenicc," My face swells, mostly around my eyes. Up until October 2014, I could use any face cleanser I wanted. Then one day, all of the sudden, my eyelids turned an itchy red color with swelling. At the time I didn't know it was from face cleansers so I got a new one (I had run out of the previous one around the same time) and my face swelled again. Only this type it was my entire face. It was so bad we went to the emergency room. They told me they didn't know what I was allergic to and that they couldn't do anything to help me. Over the past 5 months I have tried more face washes than I can count and always get the same reaction. :/
This is happening to my skin right now.  It has been two days and it is not getting better.  
Do you think I should go to a doctor or did you just have to wait it out?  
i used l'oreal face wash and my skin sort of burned while using it. this is the first time i've ever used some sort of face wash, i only use cream. i didnt think the burning meant much. i only used it twice and a few days later my skin has become really dry, with dark patches of skin. its itchy and all over my skin. there is alot of dryer skin around the patches, and its alot worse than just normal dry skin you may see on your legs etc.
Hi please help me. I had a facial on 31st of may. Afterwards my face started itching very much. I took clemastine allergy tablet. Then i went back at my inlaws place as my marriage was new. After one week i showed to a dermatologist. He gave me cetrizine tablets to have for two days, kenacort A injection and effigenta cream(a steroid cream) to be put on face. I did what he said. My itching went away. But came after like about 8 days. It has been two months now my skin is still itching. I have not used any facial product as of now. Only use lux bar soap as he suggested. Plz help me
I used Neutrogena hydraboost exfoliating wash sat night fine sun night used it again and my neck was red raw my face immediately felt tight and sore, when I got up next day got such a fright my eyes  were hardly visible and my cheeks all swollen.  I stupidly put make up on to go to work and regretted it as had to use another cleanser to take make up off then my face and eyes were even worse.  Someone at work gave me an antihistamine which didn't do a thing.  This morning I went to doctor who gave me loratadine and dermol lotion so waiting impatiently as I am mortified and my poor dog is hardly getting out as I am not wanting anyone to see me in this state.  My face is sore and itchy at times.  Hoping and praying that the puffiness will have died down a bit by morning.