Allergic to Mosquitos?
Mosquito bites have never bothered me. They would form a small, mildly itchy swelling and disappear in a day or two. I am now 49 years old and have just moved from CT to NJ. I can't step out the door without being attacked by numerous imes. The welt can be up to three inches in diameter and itches so severely I could go crazy. Even if I don't irrate it by scratching, just my clothes or sheets rubbing against it causes increased inflamation. I've tried every product the drug store offers to no avail. I've even used steroid and numbing cream without improvement. The bites stay swollen for 2-3 weeks. Then they leave painful sores that take forever to heal. I don't want to have to douce myself in repellent everytime I walk outside. I'd like to enjoy the outdoors this summer. Any reccommendations? I'm desparete!

If mosquitoes are causing these bites, then prevent any exposure as much as possible. Wear the repellents and wear clothes that cover most parts of your body. You may spray mosquito repellents in the area. Ask your local pest control agency if they can help you with this. Mosquitoes are vectors for certain disease conditions. What you have is a dermatitic reaction to the mosquito bites. Apply mupirocin cream over the bites and see if this helps. Mupirocin is an antibacterial cream .Fluocinonide 0.05%  applied thinly once daily may also help alleviate the itching and swelling. The swelling should subside in 3 days time. If not, have this assessed by you doctor.