Allergy

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Allergy

Hi MedHelp,

Im Mark, 31 years old and having skin allergy or infectin or rashes on my inguinal area and on my bum area.... been using dermatoligical ointment like Dermatosine,Diprosin, and Elocon, its been like 2 months now and still have it, and it goes spreading from inner part to outer part of the said area, its ichy and red in appearance. Diprosin heals for a day and if i stop it it will back again from ichyness and redness.... looking forward for your answer regarding this matter. Thank you and God bless....More Power

Regards,
mark

It can be due to fungal infection or eczema. Fungal infections mostly present as moist, red itchy rash but when it becomes chronic then it presents as dry , flaking skin rash. However the other possibility is of eczema skin or psoriasis skin. I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist. Steroids prescribed in eczema can worsen the symptoms if it is a fungal infection.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.