Alopecia Universalis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Alopecia Universalis

Can anyone tell me the success rate for treating Alopecia with the following meds:

Azathioprine
CellCept
Cyclosporin
Humira
Remicaide
Methotrexate

Thanks!
I don't know anything about the medications used for this problem, but I have read that a certain percentage of alopecia universalis patients can regain their hair with a gluten free diet and probably steroids.  I don't know if this connection was told to you, but I saw your post and thought, maybe this person is one of the ones that can be helped with this diet.  I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but I thought it would give you something else to try.  Look up celiac disease and the gluten free diet.  You have to stick to the diet 100% - no teeny weeny cheats allowed.  I hope this helps.
Thank you. Yes I have considered the Gluten free diet.
Alopecia universalis is a condition in which the entire body hair are lost. It is the most severe form of all alopecia and is currently believed to be an autoimmune disorder. There is no standard treatment of this disease but immunomodulatory agents such as imiquimod are very helpful.

You should discuss these treatment options with your dermatologist. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.