An odor coming from the hands?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

An odor coming from the hands?

Recently, my boyfriend has been complaining of his hands emitting a foul odor that he cannot seem to rid himself of.  He doesn't handle food on a regular basis, such as onions, that could cause the stench, nor does he have an unhealthy diet. He doesn't play any sports that would require him to wear gloves as well. The reason for this smell eludes both of us, and we have been unable to find a source as to why his hands emit the same odor repeatedly. Thoughts?
  • scalp odor (1 replies):
    Hey is there any cure for a strong odor that comes from...[more]
  • Skin odor (1 replies):
    This is a very embarassing problem, but for the last few...[more]
  • odor (1 replies):
    I am a male, 73 years of age, and in the last few months...[more]
  • Nose Perspiration
    For the past couple of years, my husband has had a body ...[more]
  • underarm odor (2 replies):
    I have bought several deoderant. I have to use the herb...[more]
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? Does your boyfriend has sweaty palms?  The hands and feet contain more sweat glands than any other part of the body and provide a ready supply of perspiration. The perspiration moisture create a fertile breeding ground for the bacteria that normally live on our skin. The more moisture there is, the more bacteria proliferate, and the greater the odor. Stress, some medications, fluid intake and hormonal changes also can increase the amount of perspiration the body produces. It would be good to see a doctor for proper evaluation and management.
Take care and keep us posted.