Anal Skin Tag
I have about 3 anal skin tags which cause me a little bit of discomfort. I am also gay and because of this a big part of my sex life is anal sex, i was wondering if i get them removed will the pain go away and will i be able to have anal sex again? as it hurts really really really bad when i try at the moment?

Any help will be very much appreciated, and unlike other forums i hope you respect my sexuality

thanks
Anal skin tabs/tags are the shapeless lumps and flaps of skin or flesh found at the anal verge.It can be due to a hemorrhoid,sentinel tag or anal fissure or fistula.In case of small tags,they have to be excised under anesthesia.Even cryotherapy and laser removal is successful.But if it is extensive tagging or any of the other conditions mentioned above,then treatment options will be based on a surgeon’s examination and anoscopy to confirm the diagnosis.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

hi dr.kaur,
i had my skin tag removed from my anal region 2 weeks ago. the site has healed but i still have 2 bums there which i believe could be because of the numbing agent the doctor used. they are sensitive and hurt at times. what can i do to reduce the pain and the size of these bumps?