Anal irritations

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Anal irritations

I have some questions about a growth and irritations. For atleast six months now I have had problems with a hemoroid which the doctor has told me is small. The hemoroid actually does not seem to bother me other than the fact of feeling a growth on my anus is not very pleasant. What bothers me the most is a rash which is located around  my bum hole it is itchy and red and scabby and extremely uncomfortable. Another problem of mine is that i've had diarhea (diarrhea) for about 3 weeks if you could give feedback as to why I have these problems or how to get rid of it would be appreciated

This discussion is related to Rash between rectum and scrotum.

Are you having any other associated symptoms of pain, bleeding, itching, mucoid discharge, etc?

This could be an anal skin tag secondary to anal fissures, hemorrhoids, warts due to human papillloma virus, moles, or in rare cases due to rectal cancer.

'An anal fissure is an unnatural crack or tear in the anus skin. As a fissure, these tiny tears may show as bright red rectal bleeding and cause severe periodic pain after defecation.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_fissure

and

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/anal-fissure/DS00762

'Symptoms of external hemorrhoids may include painful swelling or a hard lump around the anus that results when a blood clot forms. This condition is known as a thrombosed external hemorrhoid.

In addition, excessive straining, rubbing, or cleaning around the anus may cause irritation with bleeding and/or itching, which may produce a vicious cycle of symptoms. Draining mucus may also cause itching.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemorrhoid

It would be best to consult a surgeon for your symptoms to find out the cause of your complaints.

Till then you could try eating a high-fiber diet, using stool softener, taking pain killer and having a sitz bath for your symptoms. Apply calamine lotion at the site, keep the area clean and well moisturized, wear lose, comfortable clothes and maintain good personal hygiene.

Let us know if you need any other information. Post us about how you are doing.

Regards.